At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
- Cost Accounting for New Trucks including standard cost updates/ERP system cost rolls.
- Support production variance analysis (Direct labor, direct material and variable overhead).
- ERP tasks related to cost accounting, such as job closure prior to invoicing.
- Support Inventory WIP Posting and review data for accuracy.
- Ensure correct accounts are used on PO’s.
- Journal entry reclassification.
- Weekly labor reporting for Operations.
- Maintain Cost Reduction tracking files.
- E&O Reserve Analysis (Quarterly).
- Support Capital Project tracking and reporting. Includes preparation of monthly reporting for Project Managers including actual and forecast spending, cash requirements and CapEx reconciliation.
- Support Purchasing / Engineering on finance related questions.
- Assist with preparation of month-end reporting / analysis.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining comprehensive internal control framework.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- 3+ years of accounting/controlling experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP and management accounting.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Understanding of finance modules of modern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects.
- Ability to work in a rapid growth environment with shifting priorities and responsibilities
- Ability to travel <25% of the time
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and/or MS in Finance / MBA
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (Hybrid)