Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general, routine custodial duties in office and industrial plant.
- Operates floor scrubber.
- Performs exterior seasonal tasks.
- Assists with office/production rearrangement.
- Operate forklift as needed to empty trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Will be required to perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assign
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one year commercial cleaning experience
- Minimum one year operating a forklift.
- Must be organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate power sweeper and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)