Custom Truck Chassis Assembler
A Custom Chassis Assembler manufactures truck chassis and components to support Crane Carrier's refuse and engineered chassis production lines. Completes assemblies by following blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical Assembly which may include all or some of the following tasks:
- Assembly of front and rear axles and all suspensions parts on axles prior to installation on chassis
- Build of interior of truck cabs including installation of seats. steering column, seat belts, cab doors and windows
- Assembly of engine parts including transmission and alternator to engine block
- Sub-assembly of various truck chassis components -- electrical, mechanical and hydraulic
- Final chassis assembly
Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other heavy equipment as required. Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assignedRequirements
- High School diploma or GED required
Training & Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Minimum three years in mechanical assembly or equivalent education and experience
- Must have ability to use powered hand tools
- Must be organized with the ability to follow established procedures and multi-task effectively
- Must recognize the Quality Management System in place at CCC and participate in the processes and procedures
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered medium.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
- Employee may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed shoes required while in manufacturing areas
- Hand protection (gloves) may be required for certain tasks
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)