* Visa sponsorship is not supported for this position *
Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
We’re currently searching for an Engineer to lead our VAVE (Value added, Value Engineer) initiatives and help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The VAVE Engineer is responsible for organizing and prioritizing the VAVE projects and drive design and development activities to achieve implementation working with purchasing, suppliers, quality team, and manufacturing to succeed. This position is a leadership position concentrating on identifying new VAVE opportunities for implementation.
If you possess a highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry, along with a strong drive to grow both personally and professionally you would be a great fit for this role. You will possess the capability to align product growth with the overall strategic game-plan as well as have the competence to complete the day-to-day tasks. This role is very critical to our extreme growth and the ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with a business mind, a savvy leader, very organized, and familiar with heavy truck parts/automotive products and is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth and be a great communicator.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prioritize, develop, and process the VAVE Initiatives
- Generate cost savings ideas through various activities: e.g supplier/in house workshops and benchmarking activities
- Track closely the detailed status of ideas implementation (test release, supplier PPAP, customer release), resolve issues to keep timing on track and escalate roadblocks on a timely manner that cannot be solved at the project team level
- Develop individual workplans for the successful implementation of each VAVE through cross functional engagement
- Track the technical and financial status of each VAVE
- Communicate status of each VAVE on a weekly basis
- Review customer drawings and specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product
- Create Solidworks CAD models and drawings. Perform mathematical computations to develop, design and create detailed specifications of components.
- Work collaboratively with multiple cross functional teams simultaneously to ensure the highest quality products are delivered
- Make bill of material and drawing revisions following the Change Management Process.
- Create and release Bills of Materials for new sales and designs.
- Act as a liaison between Engineering and other departments/personnel.
- Interact with suppliers, dealers, and customers as required.
- Support other members of the Engineering department, check design work to verify layout, fit, form, function, materials, specifications and other details/documents as required.
- Complete design studies, tolerance stack-ups, layout, drawings, calculations, weight estimates and provide supporting documentation.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next six months)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or a related field desired. Equivalent education and experience required.
- Experience in VAVE engineering in automotive/heavy truck industry required
- 5+ years of experience working with automotive/truck or heavy equipment design required, Class 7/8 truck chassis highly desired.
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required; experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems on mobile and on-highway heavy equipment.
- Experience with EV powertrains highly desired
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
- Manufacturing process development and optimization.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States