Battle Motors (formerly Crane Carrier Company) prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV technology, we are growing faster than ever. We’re currently searching for an Engineering Change Coordinator to join our team, help us grow and scale and continue our tradition of success. The Engineering Change Coordinator is a proactive business specialist supporting the Engineering team to help us ensure that the engineering change requests, authorizations and changes are processed and communicated accurately and timely within the organization.
This role is very critical to our extreme growth and the ideal candidate will be very organized, familiar with automotive/truck chassis (some technical knowledge is required) and engineering processes and is familiar with the intricacies of a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire for growth within a company and be a great communicator. This position is the perfect fit for someone with a high level of initiative & follow-through, who is extremely detail oriented with a highly accurate typing ability. The ideal candidate will have (or can learn) working knowledge of product structure, selection logic and engineering change management processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management and coordination of ECR/ECN project flows, boards and daily management of requests and cross-functional team coordination
- The Engineering Change Coordinator will monitor and update engineering requests, authorizations, changes, and communication activities
- Schedule and conduct regular meetings with engineering team to ensure all metrics are on time and complete
- Management of ECR and ECN/ECO workflows and incoming requests to coordinate with all SME and cross functional teams to ensure all are processed timely and accurately
- Track and communicate on a regular basis ECR/ECO backlog and progress
- Monitor and populate APQP documents related to ECN’s, ECO, ECR's, running changes, etc.
- Evaluate proper ECR/ECO submittal ensuring internal and external customer compliance
- Serve as single point plant contact for engineering related to ECN/ECR/ECO, and BOM issues
- Analyze and improve ECO/ECR/ECN process flows and implement process improvement initiatives
- Coordinate with engineering team members, customers (as requested), vendors, and subcontractors to ensure project requirements and time bound activities are being met
- Maintain product change information, build logic for change management within the order processes
- Maintain master BOM database containing part groups, assignments, and assembly cell assignments
- Review submitted ECN/ECO’s for standardization and alignment to all processes, and suggest process improvement initiatives
- Ensure standard work is followed and enforced
- Make improvements to the engineering change processes, reducing and or eliminating quality, cost, and delivery concerns
- Assist in training and developing other team members as directed by Engineering leadership team
- Support 5S activities and disciplines
- Tracking and resolving issues as they relate to safety, quality, cost, delivery, morale
- Monitor and communicate all BOM changes, issues, and solutions to all cross-functional teams within the organization as it relates to production and design improvements
- Assist organizing various strategic planning processes across the organization
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Comfortable with complex problem solving and rapidly changing priorities
- Comfortable in high pressure environments during rapid ramp up periods (as is the case during next six months)
- Candidates that possess technical knowledge of vehicles, options and specifications are highly preferred.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates degree supplemented by technical school training with a minimum of five years of related work experience
- Experience in product development in automotive/heavy truck axles and chassis highly preferred
- Expert level Microsoft office expertise, specifically in Excel
- Experience using ERP and CRM programs desired.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3-D CAD proficiency required; SolidWorks experience desired
- Strong automotive/heavy truck technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate across the organization and lead presentations.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)