Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for developing, documenting and improving the manufacturing process. To be successful in this role, one must work effectively within a team, possess strong problem-solving skills, be able to execute under demanding timeframes and draw on a wide range of engineering principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and record the required tools and materials for manufacturing.
- Record and document manufacturing processes with emphasis on manufacturing principles.
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to learn processes and methods.
- Create detailed documents that can be easily understood to support production and manufacturing efforts.
- Coordinate process improvement activities and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develops SOP’s, MPM and OPM’s as needed for all facets of the manufacturing process.
- Drives continuous improvement through DFM methodologies.
- Works with quality assurance to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; equivalent education and experience required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Experience with 2D/3D CAD (Solidworks Preferred)
- Experience in Technical Writing preferred.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Must be self-motivated; ability to work effectively within small teams and independently.
- Should have working knowledge with GD&T DFMEA, and DFM.
- Must have strong analytical, attention to details, problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)