Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
Battle Motors is looking for an experienced and driven Material Planner to manage and optimize the supply chain to meet our production requirements. The Planner will be responsible for the supply chain scheduling and monitoring of commodities across the production stream for Battle Motor’s manufacturing. You will deploy inventory strategies, be responsible for product change and associated material planning implications, manage and solve exceptions, and drive supplier execution. This role involves daily management of supply and constraints, status reporting and escalation, supplier engagement and the relentless pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Manage planning system parameters and master data to optimally reflect supply chain capabilities and plan supply.
- Support material manufacturing by reconciling cell material inventory and leading a cycle count program.
- Lead root cause analysis when inventory inaccuracies occur.
- Responsible for the inbound material schedule and leading and delegating personnel and equipment of the production flow receiving warehouse.
- Support logistics department to ensure most cost-effective ways to bring in material.
- Coordinate product changes to ensure minimal obsolescence.
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with assigned suppliers.
- Act as the primary interface with suppliers on delivery status, issues and resolution.
- Manage quality standards and testing criteria for required testing criteria to ensure continuous supply.
- Perform analysis that supports defining the roadmap for production capacity increases / change.
- Support onboarding and training of new suppliers to ensure operational excellence and compliance with Battle Motor’s supply chain processes and policies.
- Coordinate supplier ramp up and down for new product launches, ensuring suppliers deliver shipments needed to support production targets.
- Partner with IT and other business stakeholders on planning process and system improvements.
- Work with material manufacturing, quality department, & support teams to establish & improve processes for delivery systems.
- Generate and publish key performance indicators.
- Communicating plans, plan revisions, and production vs. plan to all manufacturing, support, and business stakeholders.
- Create and publish weekly and daily schedules.
- Attend daily meetings with leadership and peers and review, revise, or finalize the next days or weeks work schedule.
- Support in creating and maintaining plan for every part.
- Provide support in preparation and execution of physical-inventory activities.
- Other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education And Experience Requirements
- Associates degree in related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in material planning.
- Experience using an ERP for tasks related to planning required; experience with Epicor preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training And Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with other departments.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and communicate specific requirements to vendors.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several different tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Team player with keen problem-solving skills.
- Recognize the Quality Management System in place at Battle Motors and participate in the processes and procedures in the QMS ISO 9001:2015.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexibility of schedule as needs arise.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States