Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Lead Electrical Technician will be responsible for leading a team of electrical technicians working with engineering and production associates to diagnose and repair high and low voltage electrical subsystems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead team of production electrical technicians
- Assign and direct daily tasks for technicians
- Mentor and train new technicians
- Create work instructions and training for the production electrical technicians
- Provide guidance for high and low voltage diagnosing strategies
- Create troubleshooting and diagnosing instructions for new products and provide training for warranty and field service personnel
- Perform annual performance reviews.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot functionality issues.
- Review and follow pre-series truck builds.
- Collaborate with R&D and engineering during the new product development phases and provide testing and validation support.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of experience with electrical systems troubleshooting and repairing
- Electrical system diagnosing and repairing including HV and LV harnesses
- Strong knowledge of high and low voltage automotive systems
- High School diploma or GED
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must be organized, with strong communication skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of high-voltage and low-voltage electrical system design, safety, EMI, EMC, HVIL
- Experience in harness certification for IEEE, SAE, and EMI standards
- Understanding of high voltage energy storage and charge systems in EVs
- Familiarity with related regulations, FMVSS/SAE standards, and practices
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States