Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Safety Coordinator will assist in ensuring a safe workplace and to ensure compliance with safety and health procedures and regulations. Also assist in developing and implementing appropriate safety and health management processes and systems at the site level and support functional objectives within the framework of Battle Motors’ corporate philosophy.
- Recognize hazards to identify conditions or actions that may cause injury, illness or property damage.
- Conduct inspections and audits to assess safety and health risks associated with equipment, materials, processes, etc.
- Provide employees with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize hazards and perform their jobs safely and effectively.
- Assist managers and supervisors to establish regulatory objectives, plan programs to achieve those objectives and integrate safety into the culture of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all safety & health and environmental regulations and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Provide training to employees on topics such as lockout/tagout (authorized machine specific, general), hazard communication, hearing protection, emergency procedures, machine guarding, etc.
- Participate in the accident investigation program
- Monitor employee compliance with established safety programs
- Lead and administer activities of the facility Safety Committee ensure consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Science, Safety Technology, Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related field (preferred).
- 3+ years of safety experience (required)
- Must possess strong organizational and verbal & written communication skills.
- Must possess strong leadership and people skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and documents.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload, with limited supervision.
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Flexibility to work off-shifts and weekends as required.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)