Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Safety intern provides safety training to all levels of employees on a variety of safety topics.
- Must be knowledgeable in EPA, OSHA, NFPA, and other safety regulations.
- Must be proficient in some Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop safety training materials for implementation.
- Safety Program Development
- Intern will be working in a collaborative, cross-functional, geographically diverse team.
- Assist with conducting hazard assessments for processes and equipment.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the design and implementation of workplace processes including engineering controls and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions.
- Under close supervision, provide training and feedback to improve overall knowledge of EHS activities.
- Perform recordkeeping functions.
- Participate in accident investigations to identify cause(s) and corrective actions.
- High School diploma or GED required. Active pursuit of Safety Science, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Studies degree(s).
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)