Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor is responsible for inventory management, production scheduling, logistics, shipping/receiving, expediting, and production line fulfilment. Leading the inventory management, production scheduling and shipping/receiving teams, this key leader analyzes data and coordinates with other departments to ensure the timely flow of materials within an established timeframe. The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor will work closely with the greater Sourcing organization to maximize cost saving initiatives.
- Implement cost saving measures along with process and efficiency improvements across the materials function.
- Develop and monitor inventory control systems to ensure adequate supply and movement of materials.
- Partner with quality, sourcing, and engineering to ensure suppliers are meeting delivery, cost, and quality requirements.
- Set inventory objectives and develop Operating Plans for all products produced, purchased, and distributed by the plant.
- Ensure that the most competitive pricing is being sought for all invoiceable events related to materials – freight in and out, parts expediting, etc.
- Develop direct reports; assist assigned supervisors with training, development, and accountability for their direct reports.
- Setup systems to optimize the flow, storage, racking and packaging of materials.
- Meet inventory verification requirements with cycle counting and/or physical inventory as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ year’s experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- 2 – 3 years of leadership experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Tertiary educational degree in related field, preferred.
Training and Job knowledge Requirements
- Thorough understanding of company product, quality management and control systems, manufacturing processes, workflow, scheduling, and company policies.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility due to changing business conditions.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost and efficiency for assigned area.
- Ability to teach Team Leaders and Team Members in fundamental skills and facilitate on-the-job training.
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States