Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer at Battle Motors (Crane Carrier Company) is responsible for ensuring all incoming material meets the quality standards set up to support manufacturing. This position will work closely with suppliers and individual plant resources to drive consistent conformity and on-time delivery of components. This position will assist with developing the overall supplier development program to promote efficient, quality, lean, and cost-effective processes. The Supplier Quality Engineer is focused on building supplier partnerships that yield improved quality of products and delighted customers, both internal and external.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out supplier quality activities of supplied products and supplier quality issues in the plant within the order fulfillment process.
- Supports SIE Manager with suppliers during product development process, with specific consideration for cost efficiency and producibility.
- In series production, executes supplier evaluation, manages supplier process changes and initiates and coordinates corrective actions, to sustainably ensure quality agreed.
- Drives the sampling inspection process and decides acceptance or rejection of samples provided.
- Coordinates series production claim management, and acts as escalation instance to agree on remedial action plans until successful completion.
- Work with engineering and suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, Statistical Process Control, supplier scorecards, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Perform root cause analysis, coordinate and conduct specialized testing and measurement, and resolve problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience required
- Experience in PPAP/APQP Processes required
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
Training and Job Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent decision-making skills and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to drive improvements by working effectively with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to travel, possibly on short notice.
- The physical demands of the employee working in this position are considered light.
- May be subject to drug and alcohol testing.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed shoes required while working in manufacturing areas.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)