Battle Motors is proud of our dedicated and highly skilled workforce. We employ top talent in all areas ranging from engineering, sales and finance, to assembly, welding and service. If you have a passion for production, a knack for numbers, or a command of customer service; or you have a strong work ethic and just love big, bad trucks that rule the road, consider a career with Battle Motors. Battle Motors offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves and their families, and plan for the future. Battle Motors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Los Angeles, CA
The successful candidate applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic life-cycle balanced system of systems, and system solutions.
• Integrate high voltage subsystems (mechanical, electrical, controls, software, etc.) and components into a fully functional system. Verify and validate system performance.
• Provide technical leadership (directly or indirectly) in addition to serving as an individual contributor to the concept, system architecture, design, development, test, and integration of system components, including electrical and mechanical interfaces
• Operate within a cross functional team made up of mechanical, thermal, electrical and embedded systems; understand the needs and requirements of internal stakeholders in addition to our external customers
• Analyze engineering requirements to ensure compliance, and determine the impact of changes to requirements
• Resolve system-level issues and achieve system compliance on time and within budget
• Identify/specify parts, components, and assemblies
• Lead cost and yield-improvement e?orts
• Develop in process test procedures, analyze data and make recommendations for changes required in manufacturing processes, data management
• Drive compliance and certi?cation e?orts
• Create documentation of electronic assembly and test procedures.
• Act as a liaison within engineering in developing validation tests, test speci?cations, and in-line test equipment
• Provide support to manufacturing team ensuring a smooth transition from engineering to production.
• BS in electrical engineering or related discipline. MS preferred
• 1-3 years of experience with a wide-ranging electromechanical background in the automotive or mechatronic industry is highly desirable
• Electrical system integration experience and knowledge of high voltage DC systems
• Wire harness design / 3D routing
• Digital and analog circuit design and PCB layout
• Firmware development
• Power electronics integration
• UL, NEC, IEC, etc. code compliance
• Working knowledge of Li-ion batteries and Battery Management Systems a plus
• Hands-on experience in electromechanical system assemblies, PCB assembly, wire harness fabrication, including troubleshooting of electronic assemblies and mechanical systems
• Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multi-tasking capability