Battle Motors prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions for the heavy-duty work truck industry. With the evolution of our new EV (Electric Vehicle) technology, we are growing faster than ever.
At Battle Motors, we believe the most fulfilling place to work is where extraordinary people collaborate to solve difficult problems.
An Assembler manufactures truck chassis and components to support Battle Motors' engineered chassis production lines. Must be comfortable working in a heavy duty assembly environment. Completes assemblies by following blueprints, written and verbal instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical Assembly which may include all or some of the following tasks:
- Assembly of front and rear axles and all suspensions parts on axles prior to installation on chassis
- Build of interior of truck cabs including installation of seats. steering column, seat belts, cab doors and windows
- Assembly of engine parts including transmission and alternator to engine block
- Sub-assembly of various truck chassis components -- electrical, mechanical and hydraulic
- Final chassis assembly
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other heavy equipment as required
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
Training & Job Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum one year in mechanical assembly or equivalent education and experience
- Must have ability to use powered hand tools
- Must be organized with the ability to follow established procedures and multi-task effectively
This position will adhere to the Battle Motors Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Supervisor immediately.
Battle Motors is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States (On-site)